Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eye Opening... North Korea

I am currently taking this quarter Politics in Korea. When I registered for this I was so excited because I really wanted to learn about the political system in Korea...and by Korea I automatically assumed South Korea. Later I found out when the class description was updated, that the topic was actually on North Korea and specifically on their status with the rest of the world and nuclear weapons. I thought yeuckkk great what did I get myself into I don't want to learn about no North Koreans!! But to my surprise I'm really glad I didn't switch out and I think I'm going to learn a lot, not only about North Korea but to know North Korea we have to learn about Koreas past history..which is the same for both North and South... the pre-Japanese annexation and WWII to be more exact was just ONE Korea. It's such a shame that it had to end up like this. So yesterday in class we watched a film by National Geographic and it really opened my eyes and my heart is with all the people there... I want to do something to help them but I feel so frustrated and sad watching them so ... unaware of their lives. We discussed in class whether we thought their loyalty to the "Great General" aka Kim Jong Il is out of fear or true loyalty...or is there even a difference for them in the two that it can be distinguishable??

If you can, please take the time to watch the video, fortunately I found it on youtube (I love youtube!)and the rest of the video is there on youtube I believe from start to finish but they are separated in parts as usual.



Our professor also commented that on top of Kim Jong Il being one of Henney's top customers, and owning over 20,000 movies, supposedly he watches South Korean television... and you know what our television is like... lol Korean dramas for Kim JOng Il? Haaa ugh I hate him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/2797734/Kim-Jong-Il-North-Koreas-Dear-Leader-Profile.html

No comments:

Post a Comment