Sunday, August 23, 2009

Seaside, Oregon...the cutest little place in the PNW

I've been to this place multiple of times since I live in Washington, there isn't a lot of exciting nearby places to go except Ocean Shores, Seaside...and... yea. Lol. One night trip with the fam. It was actually a pleasant trip. Nothing crazy exciting happened but nothing bad happened. I think we really needed it. Anyhow~ We got there without making any reservations at a hotel, my dad's style lol. Everywhere was booked but we found this place called Seashore Inn. Right next to the Shiloh Inn, which was all booked. It was about $150 cheaper than Best Western which wasn't even on the water. Our Seashore inn was RIGHT on the beach I absolutely loved it. The walls were ugly, the bathroom was small, the pool room was in a different building, but it was that much cheaper but right on the water. Plus all you really do is sleep in the hotel room for a couple of hours, right?! Anyhoo, so we got our room and explored Seaside, which I must say is the cutest little vacation town ever! We went to the Aquarium there, which was kinda gay but whatever it was cheap. Ate a $5.00 elephant ear which probably cost them a bout $0.10 to make lol. For dinner we went to a place called Bigfoot Steakhouse, we had to drive because it was a couple of miles away, but the prime rib there was deliciosa!! After dinner we all changed into our swimsuits and went swimming for a bit.

To end the night we went back on the sand and had a bonfire... yes we arI think I really am a beach person though. I can't imagine not living by a coast... I think I'd feel really dap dap hae. The sand there was SUPER soft it felt so good. And it wasn't even freezing out there, and the fire made it exceptionally perfect. My parents are so cute haha. My brother brought his guitar so him and my dad were switching off haha. It is so true though, nothing beats family. Your blood. I miss going on vacations like this. I wish I was more grateful when I was younger...we used to go on so many trips. I love being in good company <3.

And p.s Seaside beach is MUCH better than Canon Beach. Canon beach is the one with the huge rock. It's gorgeous but too windy. That's why they need those shield thingy's like you see in this picture! =)

Anyhoo~ it was a fun, relaxed trip. We stopped by the outlet mall on the way home, bought 3 Northface jackets for $150 (amazing), ate at a random sushi place called Izakaya Sushi which had really nice Korean owners haha. Check it out-- if you are ever in Beaverton, Oregon! Ciao!

1 comment: